Tips to Get Your Retractable Banner Design Ideas FlowingWritten by Colleen Cabili ● Published on May 25, 2022
Retractable banners are the first things you see at conferences, trade shows and exhibits, and even in-store events. They might go by different names—pull-up banners, roll-up banners, vertical banners, and pop-up banners are some of the most widely used terms. One thing is sure, though—you can never go wrong with adding a custom retractable banner to your business’ promotional kit.
Five Reasons Retractable Banners are Everywhere
Pull-up banners offer several benefits that prove why they are essential marketing materials:
- Easy to assemble. Set-up is done by hand, and because roll-up banners are made of just a few parts, missing bolts and screws will never be an issue. A single person can do it in minutes!
- Compact. Every inch of booth space is crucial to exhibitors. Retractable banners do not take up a lot of room when displayed.
- Portable. There is no such thing as too much exposure when promoting a product or service. Because retractable banners are made of lightweight materials, and each order often comes with a bag for easy transport and storage, you can bring them to every event.
- Reusable. The banner is made from durable materials, such as vinyl, poly film, or fabric, while the stand is aluminum. With proper care and maintenance, your retractable banner can last years.
- Highly versatile. No matter what industry you’re in, retractable banners are a sure way to grab your target audience’s attention. There’s ample space for eye-catching visuals, whether text, original art, or photos.
Be The Star of the Trade Show With These Banner Design Tips
Great design is key to your banner’s effectiveness, as with all promotional
materials. Before you start sketching retractable banner ideas, take note of
these tips so you can fully reap the benefits of your signage.
Bigger is not always better. Since height is generally uniform for retractable banners, banner printing companies compensate by offering a wide array of widths to customers. Choose the dimensions appropriate to the space where you will display your banner. If you are ordering for an upcoming trade show or conference, make sure to ask the organizers about the dimensions of your booth. Here’s our size chart for your reference:
Less is more. Although banners are the best canvas,
bombarding your design with text, shapes, and colors can attract the wrong
kind of attention. When laying out your banner, keep in mind that people read
from top to bottom and left to right. Include the most
and use an easy-to-read typeface. Stick to three to five colors that
complement each other and support your branding. Don’t be afraid to leave some
blank space as well. White space balances out the overall design and gives
viewers room to breathe.
Don’t skimp on quality. If you plan to incorporate images into your banner design, ensure that you use high-quality files. Do not just save the first photo that pops up in web search results, and do not just zoom in and crop out the elements you want out of the frame. Consider websites that offer high-quality images in the public domain. If you are creating your design from scratch, check out this guide for preparing print-ready files.
Experiment. Do not limit yourself to a single design if there are other ideas you might want to try. Display your retractable banners on a rotating schedule to help determine which design is most effective in reeling visitors to your booth or business. If you only have enough budget for one retractable banner, consider printing alternative artwork on other collaterals, such as rack cards or table tents.
Now that you know the secret behind every successful retractable banner design, what are you waiting for? Our beginner-friendly online design tool has everything you need to create one-of-a-kind artwork for your banner. Order retractable banners with 48HourPrint today.