- Durable and tamper-resistant
- Secures packages up to 30 lbs
- Easy to apply with water
Up Your Shipping Game With Custom Packaging Tape
Durable boxes are enough to keep products safe during transit, right? Think again! Any business that regularly ships packages should use water-activated tape (WAT).
Our custom packaging tape is made with water-based chemical adhesive that is reactivated by water. Also known as gummed paper tape, it permanently sticks to carton and stays resistant to dirt, dust, oil, and extreme temperature changes. It is not removable without visible damage to the tape, making your packages tamper resistant. Show customers your reliability as a brand with secure shipping boxes.
At 48HourPrint.com you can print packaging tapes in any design to suit your brand. Just upload your logo or artwork, choose the repeat length and orientation, and we’ll send you a PDF proof for your approval.
What in the World is WAT?
Don’t underestimate the importance of packaging tape during shipping. Here are more reasons why water-activated tape (WAT) is the best choice for your business:
- Easy application. For high-volume applications, our tapes come in rolls that fit most tape machines and dispensers. For manual applications, just rub a wet sponge on the non-printed side to activate the adhesive and apply.
- Tough and cheap. We use white reinforced paper with fiberglass. Once applied, the wet tape adheres strongly to the box surface, creating a permanent seal. You only need one strip of packaging tape to get the job done, so it’s more cost-effective than applying layers of regular tape for bulky shipping boxes. Our packaging tape is suitable for packages that weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Eco-friendly. WAT is made of kraft paper, so it’s biodegradable like our corrugated boxes. Our packaging tape breaks down easily in the recycling process.
Order today and get your custom packaging tape ready for delivery in six (6) business days.
Packaging Tape FAQs
Q: How do I apply packaging tape?
A: You can apply packaging tape by hand or using a tape machine dispenser. Shipping tape only needs moisture at the back or the non-printed side for it to stick. For manual application, use a wet sponge to moisten the tape before sealing your box. With a dispenser, you can adjust your desired tape length and the machine automatically moistens the tape when you release the lever.
Q: How durable is gummed packaging tape?
A: Gummed packaging tape is extremely durable because of the fiberglass strands that give it extra strength. Once the water-activated adhesive is applied to the box, a capillary action bonds the packaging tape to the surface. This permanent bond is tamper-resistant and tamper-evident. WAT is not affected by dirt, dust oil, or extreme temperature environments.
Q: Do you only print logos on packaging tape?
A: Aside from your logo, can upload any design or message to print on the packaging tape. We just print the design based on your preferred orientation and repeat length.
Packaging Tape Layout Templates
Select a size to download a ZIP file packaging tape layout templates: