Booklet Printing: A Simple Way to Present Your Ideas
Want your story to be heard and noticed? Booklet printing lets you present your ideas, products, or services to clients and prospects in a unique, professional way.
Custom booklets provide an easy and effective way to communicate key messages to your target market. Use booklets to:
- Highlight the products you offer with enough space to explain them all in detail.
- Market your services and include customer testimonials.
- Create an informational packet for your customers or employees.
- Bring your business to life by including employee bios and a brief company history.
Anything you need to convey to your clients or employees can be presented in a cost-effective booklet.
Booklet Basics to Binge On
How to get the most out of your booklet printing? Read these basics to create an effective booklet that features targeted information for your clients:
Cover Pages – Choose a thick stock such as the 10 pt. cardstock for longer use such as a list of product information or detailed instruction manual. Thin paper stock, like the 100 lb. paper gloss, is the economical choice for short-term use such as event programs and seasonal promotions.
Inside pages are printed on 100 lb. paper. This thick, matte stock features a non-glossy surface for better writability.
Number of Pages
The number of pages should always be in increments of 4 – including the front and back cover. Page 1 is the outside front cover, page 2 is the inside front cover, and so on. The last two pages should always be the inside back cover and outside back cover.
Saddle stitch is a popular binding finish that is inexpensive, easy to make, and looks professional. Your booklet pages are laid together and stapled through the fold line, making it perfect for printing booklets with lower page counts.
Aside from the DVD and CD booklet size, there are seven other sizes offered for custom booklet printing. Large booklets, such as the popular 5.5”x 8.5”and 8.5”x 11” sizes, have more room to print text and images. Smaller booklets are compact enough to carry around during events.
Create Better Booklets
Get a polished premium look for your custom booklets with these handy design tips:
- Pick your colors. Choose striking colors that represent your brand or product. Set your artwork file in CMYK colors. Images in Pantone or RGB colors will be converted automatically.
- Get better resolution. Save your booklet artwork file in 300 dpi resolution. A lower resolution will affect the quality of the final print.
- Check your bleed. Include a bleed of 1/8” (0.125 in.) on every side of your print file page. This ensures there are no white margins or images that will be cut or go over the edge of the page during printing.
- Mind your margins. Place your text at least ½” (0.5 in.) from the margin for better clarity and prevent important text from being cut during printing.
Consider making customer keepsakes that include your branding throughout. Be creative and:
- Turn your booklet into a journal, calendar of events, or picture book that your clients or event attendees will want to hold on to.
- Pass them out along with printed bookmarks and branded magnets.
- Include booklets in a pocket folder and distribute them before a business presentation.
Print custom booklets today. We have lots of great booklet marketing ideas, as well as easy-to-use booklet templates for your convenience. With custom booklet printing, you can tell your story in the best way possible.
How fast can I receive my booklets?
- This will depend on the printing turnaround time you choose, which is the number of days we need to produce your order. This does not include weekends, holidays, or the shipping transit time.
Do all cover pages need to feature content?
- No, it isn’t required. You just need to include blank pages in your print-ready PDF file. Although we would advise you to utilize all the space and add more content on all four cover pages to maximize your custom booklets.
Can I get one booklet printed before I order for larger quantities?
- Yes, it’s possible. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-0599 for further information.
Will ordering larger quantities of booklets save me more money?
- Yes. The larger the quantity of your order, the lower the cost per piece will be. You can check our calculator to get an idea of how much it will cost.