- Shiny foil finish adds more glam and sparkle
- Cardstock comes uncoated or silk laminated
- More design ideas w/ gold, silver, & copper colors
Add a Spark of Magic With Foil Invitation Printing
Create magic and excitement for the big event with foil invitation printing. Set an elegant tone for your wedding, bar mitzvah, gala event, fundraiser, or any other special occasion with gold, silver or copper metallic designs. The shine and sparkle from your foil stamp accents will make your invitations the talk of the town.
Know Your Foil Invitations
Get up close and personal with your metallic invitation printing with these essential must-knows:
Get Familiar With Foil
Foil stamping may look intimidating, but it’s actually a straightforward process. Foil stamping may look intimidating, but it’s actually a straightforward process. Pressure and heat are used to transfer metallic foil onto paper.
A heated metal die with your design on it is pressed onto foil. The foil bonds to the surface below. This produces the metallic effect on selected areas of your design that looks and feels like real metal.
Sizes to Suit Your Needs
Foil invitation printing comes in four popular invitation card sizes: 4" x 6", 4.25" x 5.5", 4.25" x 6", and 5" x 7" to suit various applications. Explore portrait and horizontal layouts to maximize the design elements on your invitation. This will create the biggest impact for your guests and your event.
14 pt. Cardstock
- Thick and sturdy stock with uncoated finish
- Surface is writeable
- Printed ink colors may appear less saturated
16 pt. C2S Cover Stock
- Heavy-duty stock feels more premium
- Allows for spot UV coating and rounded corners
- Uncoated – Only available for 14 pt. cardstock, this has no extra coating which provides a great contrast to your foil design. This combination looks elegant and classy.
- Silk laminate – This finish has a dull but luxurious silky feel to it. The silk laminate adds strength to your cardstock and makes it water-resistant. This is only available for the 16 pt. C2S cover stock.
- Spot UV – Use this on top of your silk laminate finish, together with your foil accents. Your foil invitation printing will shine brighter with this combination. It also adds an interesting texture to your design.
Note: Foil and spot UV cannot overlap. You need a 1/16” gap between these two in your design.
Bring Out the Bling
Separate your foil invitation printing from the rest. Here are some basic things to remember when designing your foil printing invitations:
- Contrast Matters. Foil stamping is opaque, so pick a background that contrasts well with your choice of foil color. This ensures your design will be clearly seen from all angles.
- Readability. Choose a font that is easy to read from afar. Pick a font that doesn’t look too busy or complicated. Make sure your font size isn’t smaller than an 8 pt.
- Mark Your Margins. Slight cutting variations may happen during printing. Make sure your design will not be cut off, leave a 1/8” thick bleed margin on the card edges. Don’t put any text or important design along the edges of your invitation. Avoid adding borders that may look off-centered when cut.
Print foil invitations with us and have a hassle-free experience. Just upload your artwork to our website or use our available templates and you’re done.
What do you mean by “spot UV”?
“Spot UV” coating is a high-gloss finish that is applied to “spots” or areas of your invitation. This coating is textured and make your artwork’s printed ink colors brilliant.
Is printing turnaround the same as shipping transit time?
No, the turnaround time only refers to the number of days needed for us to print your order. This doesn’t include holidays and weekends. Shipping time is the estimated delivery date and shipping cost you chose in our online calculator tool.
What is a bleed margin?
This is a printing term to define the area where the image extends beyond the trim line of the paper. You need to add 1/8” on all sides to ensure your design will not be accidentally cut off. For a 4" x 6" invitation, your design’s image size must be 4.25” x 6.25”.
Foil Invitations Templates
Click the size you want to use below to download a ZIP file containing templates for that size in both horizontal and vertical orientation: