Foil Business Cards
- 14 pt. uncoated or 16 pt. silk laminate cardstock
- Turn up the sparkle with spot UV accents
- Choose rounded corners for more personality
Be a Shining, Shimmering Statement With Foil Business Card Printing
Break the monotony of white, bland business cards. When you print foil business cards, you add more sparkle to your brand. Metallic foil accents:
- highlight your company’s logo and name.
- exude a custom and premium feel that elevates your brand.
- catch the attention of your clients and prospects.
- comes in gold, silver, copper, black, blue or red foil colors for more design options.
With five foil print business card sizes to choose from, standing out will be easy peasy.
Decoding Foil Stamping
So what exactly is foil stamp printing? Simply put, it’s a special process where heat and pressure is used to transfer metallic foil onto paper to create various shiny designs and graphics.
Make the Switch to Sparkle
Foil print business cards can do wonders to promote your brand and make you stand out in any scenario.
- All-Out Shine. This has a more prominent shine and higher reflectivity. It also features a more realistic metallic look compared to metallic ink prints.
- A Different Feel. It feels smooth to the touch like actual metal, which makes it great for embossing and debossing cards.
- Heavy-Duty Glow. Metallic print business cards are more durable and last longer.
Tough Stock to Follow
The cardstock material of your foil business card makes a big difference on how effective your business card will be. Read on to know what type of cardstock will work for your needs:
16 pt. C2S Cardstock
- Heavy-duty stock comes in a silk laminate finish
- Features a premium feel
- With spot UV option
- Allows for rounded corners
14 pt. Uncoated Cardstock
- Sturdy stock with uncoated finish
- Surface is easy to write on
- Colors may appear less saturated
Turn Up the Wow Factor
When you choose foil business card printing options, make sure your coating choice works best for you:
- Uncoated Finish. The cardstock has no added coating or finish for a tactile feel and rustic look. This creates a higher contrast with metallic ink, so your foil design shows more prominently.
- Silk Laminate. The dull finish feels luxurious to the touch and imparts an elegant look and feel. The added film coating makes the cardstock water and tear-resistant. This is available for the 16 pt. C2S cardstock material.
- Spot UV. Add this gloss in addition to your foil accent for a brilliant shine. This coating picks up the light and adds more texture to your metallic print business cards.
- Highlight Your Edges. Round corners add a more fun, casual vibe for creative and unconventional uses. This edge prevents dents and snagging, so your foil print business cards last longer.
Unleash That Inner Sparkle
Make the most out of your foil business card printing with these easy-to-follow tips:
- Contrast. Make sure your foil design will be easily seen by picking a background that will let your foil color stand out.
- Font Size. Make sure the font you pick is easy to read, and should ideally be 8 pt. size or larger.
- Margins. Business cards are printed on a large sheet, so there might be some slight variation when it is cut. To ensure your design will not be cut, set a â…›” thick bleed margin on your card edges. Don’t put any text along the edge or borders that may look off center when cut.
Learn how to elevate your business with foil business card printing. Here are some business card marketing tips to help you get started. Check out our business card templates for out layout guidelines.
Can you print on both sides of foil business cards?
Yes. You can have your design printed on the front or front and back for both 14 pt. uncoated and 16 pt. silk laminated cardstock. You can add more information when you use both sides of your business cards.
What is printing turnaround? Is it different from delivery time?
“Printing turnaround” is the number of days needed to process your order. This starts as soon as you upload a print-ready file to a paid order. The turnaround time does not include shipping time, weekends and holidays.
To find out your delivery time, go to the online calculator. Click on “Estimate Delivery Date & Shipping Cost” under the “Upload Your Artwork” button. This will show the transit time based on your zip code.
What do you mean by a “C2S” cardstock?
“C2S” is the coating applied to the cardstock at the paper mill before it gets to the printer and prints on it. This is different from other coatings applied after the printing process such as varnishes, laminates, and matte, UV, or aqueous coatings.